Conditions of Booking between Island Cottage Holidays Ltd (ICH) Company Number 04193104 of The Old Vicarage Kingston, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 5LH, 01929 481555 and the Customer booking the holiday (the visitor)
1. General - 1.1. Customers renting a holiday property ("the Property") through Island Cottage Holidays Limited (ICH) are referred to as "the Visitor".
1.2. ICH act as agent for the owners of the property hereinafter "the owners" or "the owner".
1.3. The rental arrangements are made by ICH on behalf of the owners and the contractual relationship is directly between the owners of the property and the visitor.
2. Deposit - 2.1. A booking is only valid when ICH confirms in writing/email to the Visitor that ICH accepts the booking and the visitor’s deposit.
2.2. The balance is payable by the Visitor 10 weeks before the commencement date of the holiday.
2.3. If at the time of confirmation there is less than 10 weeks to the commencement date for the holiday the balance must be paid immediately.
2.4. Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge of 2% commission. Failure to pay the balance 10 weeks before the commencement of the holiday will constitute cancellation by the Visitor (it is however normal practice of ICH to send at least one reminder before cancellation).
3. Security Bond - 3.1. At the time of payment of the balance the Visitor will also pay the security bond stated in the brochure or website. The security bond will be returned to the Visitor within 14 working days of the end of the holiday less any deductions for loss, damage, excess charges for electricity, gas, fuel, telephone charges, WIFI or extra cleaning. In the event of a dispute the Visitor must notify ICH with the reasons for disputing the returned payment within 7 days of receipt.
4. Cancellation - 4.1. In the event of cancellation a Visitor must notify ICH as soon as possible by telephone and also confirm this in writing to the address stated above, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org If cancellation is within 10 weeks of the holiday the visitor will be liable to pay the full cost of the holiday plus any ferry cancellation charges to ICH, who will also retain the booking fee and any credit card commission charges already paid. If the cancellation is prior to the 10 week period before the holiday the visitor will be liable to pay the deposit for the holiday plus the booking fee and credit card commission already paid.
5. Changing a Booking - 5.1. If a Visitor wishes to change their booking after the balance payment has been processed, an administrative fee of £30 will be payable to ICH after any changes have been made. ICH may treat a change of property or date as a cancellation of one booking and the making of another. In such cases, the cancellation charges referred to above will be payable. No administrative fee will be applied for arranging new ferry bookings but see 7.1 below.
6. Price - 6.1. All prices quoted are for one property per week unless stated otherwise.
7. Ferry - 7.1. ICH will at your request arrange ferry crossings but where ferry crossing are arranged ICH does not act as agent for the ferry company.
8. Discrepancies - 8.1. Every effort has been made to ensure that the details contained in the brochure and on our website are accurate but no liability is accepted for errors or mistakes given honestly. Some of the information on the website relates to matters beyond the properties such as shops and public houses. Closures of such premises and other changes to external facilities are outside of ICH’s control.
9. Occupation - 9.1. The property must only be occupied by the party whose details have been provided to ICH on the booking form by the Visitor.
9.2. The Visitor must advise ICH at the time of booking if the party will be comprised of an all male or all female group.
9.3. If changes are to be made to the members of the party occupying the property, these changes must be agreed with ICH before the holiday commences.
9.4. ICH reserves the right to refuse bookings from:-
9.4.1. People under the age of 18;
9.4.2. All male or all female parties of more than 3 people.
9.5. The Visitor must take good care of the property and leave the property in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the holiday.
9.6. The Visitor and the Visitor’s party must not cause annoyance or become a nuisance to occupiers of adjoining properties.
9.7. The Visitor will pay for all gas, electricity, fuel, Wifi and telephone charges incurred during the holiday that are not included within the rent.
9.8. The Visitor shall not part with possession of the property or share it except with members of the party shown on the booking form.
10. Liability - 10.1. ICH will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of the property Owners / Owner or any other person not within their employ or otherwise under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to persons or property which the Visitor or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of or in any way connected with the holiday rental. In addition, the Owners and ICH accept no liability for loss of or damage to the Visitor’s possessions on the Owner’s property or land.
10.2. Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the liability of ICH or the Owners in respect of:-
10.2.1. Death or personal injury caused by ICH or the property Owner’s negligence;
10.2.2. For any matter which it would be illegal for ICH or the property Owners to exclude or attempt the exclude their liability.
10.3. The Visitor is liable to the property Owner for the actual cost of any loss, damage, extra cleaning or any other extra costs arising from the occupation of the property by the Visitor and his / her party for which his / her party is liable. The Visitor must notify any damage, losses and breakages to the property Owner or ICH before the end of the holiday.
10.4. The doors and windows of the property must be secured each time the property is left unoccupied during the holiday. Any theft or damage resulting from non-compliance will be the Visitor’s responsibility and must be replaced, repaired or otherwise made good at the expense of the Visitor.
11. Complaint - 11.1. In the event of a problem or complaint the Visitor should immediately contact the property Owner or caretaker who will try to solve the problem. If the problem is not resolved to the satisfaction of the Visitor, the Visitor should contact ICH before the end of the holiday as ICH and or the property Owner may wish to carry out an on the spot investigation. No complaints will be considered by ICH unless raised during the holiday period. Visitors have a legal responsibility to mitigate their loss.
11.2. If ICH or the Owners are denied the opportunity of investigating the claim within a reasonable time or are denied the opportunity to put matters right during the holiday, then the Visitor will waive all rights.
Occupation of the property is from 2:30 p.m. onwards on the designated arrival day, until 10:00 a.m. on the designated departure day. The exact times of your chosen holiday cottage arrival and departure will be stated on your booking confirmation.
11.3. If there is a breach of any of these terms and conditions or the property is not available on the date booked or the property becomes unsuitable for the holiday the property Owner and ICH are relieved of all liability beyond the full refund of monies received which will be repaid to the Visitor.
11.4. If in the opinion of the Owners the Visitor or any of his / her party are guilty of conduct prejudicial to the property, or in breach of this agreement or the law the Owner may take possession of the property without compensation to the Visitor
12. Pets - 12.1. Pets may only be taken to properties shown in the brochure and on our websites as permitting pets. The pets must be described on the booking form and accepted by ICH. Pets must be restricted to the areas of the Property indicated in the brochure/websites and/or areas agreed with ICH at the time of booking. Pets are not to be allowed on furniture or to be left unattended unless this has been specifically agreed with ICH. Pets must not be allowed to foul the property or the garden of the property. Pets are not allowed in bedrooms or upstairs in properties unless this has been specifically agreed with ICH. Only the pets shown on the booking form accepted by ICH are permitted.
13. Smoking - 13.1. Smoking is not permitted inside any property without the specific agreement of the cottage owner or ICH
14. Children - 14.1. Visitor’s children and visiting children must never be left unsupervised especially in properties with pools, ponds or other features which have a potential hazard for children. Visitors and those with care of children must be vigilant and are responsible for their children at all times.
15. Vehicles - 15.1. All vehicles are parked on the properties at the vehicle owner’s risk.
16. All keys must be returned to the property owner at the time of departure or replaced in the property key safe or posted back to ICH on the day of departure.
17. WIFI - 17.1. In properties identified as having WIFI or an internet server Visitors may make use of this at the advertised weekly cost which will be deducted from the security deposit if not already paid with the balance. Usage is restricted to general day to day use and many properties have a weekly quota for downloads. ICH reserves the right to claim by deduction from security deposit reimbursement of additional charges levied by the relevant broadband supplier (at the same rate as that charged by the relevant broadband supplier) if guests’ broadband usage results in additional usage charges being levied against owners.
17.2. In the event of a failure or breakdown of WIFI or internet services neither ICH nor the property owners shall have any liability over and above a refund of the specific fee paid or payable for WiFi internet.